Tuesday, July 5, 2011

An improved home and newfound admiration for The Husband

After a few weeks of having contractors and workers coming in and out of our flat, packing & unpacking, cleaning, dusting and moving of furniture around, our minor home improvement project has finally come to an end!

Anya has moved to her new room (the old study) where she will sharing with Mini Bun in time to come. Presently, she is still sleeping in her baby cot as we thought a new room is already a drastic change for her. This morning, two workers came in to install ceiling fans in her room as well as the TV area which marks the end of our project.

The open-concept sliding door has been replaced by a wall and a wooden door
Upon entering the room.


The wall has been given a new coat of paint.

Her current room has retained its purpose of being her changing room and storing her wardrobe. When the domestic helper comes in (after two rounds of postponement by the agency, we try not to pin too high hopes that she will be in any moment soon), she will be sleeping in here. 

In replacement of a proper study room, we have make space in our master bedroom for a desk area for both The Husband and myself. Which comes The Husband's greatest nightmare of placing some form of electronic entertainment device (in this case, laptop) in the bedroom as it tends to make his wifey go nutty and somewhat ill-disciplined when it comes to bedtime. Heh. I have been trying hard NOT to go near the laptop after 930pm. 


During this home improvement project, The Husband took the opportunity to make me clear out my our wardrobe too - which is my greatest nightmare. Actually, up to two years ago, the wardrobe was one of my favorite corner of the house. After all, it houses all the things that makes me pretty and feel good. My clothes, my accessories, my cosmetics and my bags. Then a series of events happened to me: I fell pregnant, gave birth, nursed for a few months, then got back my pre-pregs figure before going through the whole cycle all over again. Being not exactly the most organised person in the world, I got confused having to compartmentalise my varied sizes of clothings. Soon, the nooks and corners of the wardrobe became deep, dark holes that are filled up, every shelf and drawers crammed full of  stuff. On a few occasions, I had tried to reorganise the wardrobe but gave up simply because I didn't know where nor how to start. So imagine my dread when The Husband announced that enough is enough. 

Now, after the whole reorganising-the-wardrobe business, I had renewed admiration for The Husband. Between he and I, he has always been the more organised one. But I must have somewhat under-estimated exactly how good he is. He simply has solutions to all my headache-inducing problems. I conclude that he will make an excellent professional organiser should he decide to leave the financial sector some day. The whole afternoon, he basically gave me instructions, explained how things should be sorted and packed as well as ways to avoid storing cans of worms while I did accordingly. Unsurprisingly, he made me gave away heaps of stuff to salvation army and friends and then threw away some. Woohoo! I love my wardrobe once again! :)


5 comments:

Prancingpony said...

Well done :) enjoy!

Daphne said...

*clap clap* Well done to the hubby!

Anya & Arielle's mom said...

PrancingPony:
Thanks dear! Hope you are easing into your new life & home. :)

Daphne:
Thanks, on his behalf. ;)

Anonymous said...

Heyo, reading through the posts I missed and now I know how Eeyore came about, first haircuts and all :)
Ur wardrobe story is indeed v inspiring too! Most of all, I can feel the love radiating from all your posts ^.^
jia you mummy Joyce!! - iivi

Anya & Arielle's mom said...

Iivi,

Need help in reorganising yours? I can loan you my profesisonal organiser. :P