Thursday, July 7, 2011

GUSTO home visit

Yesterday, the GUSTO research team came down for Anya's fifteen months home visit. For once, I remembered to take pictures of what goes on during the 30-60 minutes session. Incidentally, it was the last of home visits. The last three sessions at 18 months, 24 months and 36 months will be done either in KKH (where Anya was delivered) or SACH (St. Andrews Community Hospital).

The first part of the session typically consisted of the ladies doing Anya's measurements as well as collection of her saliva samples. The measurements taken include her circumference, waist, arm and thigh, weight and height. Which means that they are always lugging the necessary equipment (including a baby/toddler weighing scale) all over Singapore, taking public transport. Now that Anya is older, I was apprehensive as to how she will respond to the close contact with these strangers. I was relieve to see that they came prepared this time round, with a bright orange ball that they toss around with her as they do all the necessary stuff. 

The GUSTO ladies were amused that she docilely obeyed when I told her to lie down.

74cm @ 15 months

In case you are wondering what she is doing, she just tossed the ball.

Scissors, paper, stone? Anyway, 9.6kg @ 15 months.

Scrapping the inner walls of her cheeks
The second part involves more of my participation where they ask various questionnaires from baby's diet, doctors' visits, behavourial-related stuff to mummy's sleeping patterns and diets. Over time, I find myself answering "cannot remember" more and more. Hmmm... Wondering if I can blame it on pregnancy forgetfulness?

Mommy, I earned these.

No comments: