Sunday, November 7, 2010

The 2nd cell group meeting with Anya


Given that it was peak hours, I was reluctant to take a cab all the way from our flat to town. It was something that I swore off since the 35% (or was it 30%?) surcharge during peak hours. In addition, I needed to takeaway dinner for myself as well as to pick up a bottle of pureed vegetables for Anya's dinner (we ran out of homemade veggies!). Therefore, my plan was to take a bus with her in my arms (no stroller! Too bulky!) that brings us straight into the heart of Orchard Road from the bus-stop right below our flat. There, I can conveniently pick up our dinner from  before taking a short cab ride to my cell leader's place.

So, we made it! - notwithstanding the fact that my right arm (that was carrying her) felt like it stretched 2 inches longer. The bus arrived almost immediately after I walked up to the bus stop. It was a nice, clean & new bendy bus, so I let her sit on her own beside me for a while. The tiring part came when I had to carried her as we walked from FEP to Isetan Scotts to buy the stuff, and then walk back to FEP again to take a cab. Thankfully, she was at her best behavior, smiling at any unsuspecting aunties who happened to come our way. A few could not resist but stopped in their track just to talk to her. One Isetan supermarket promoter thought that we hailed from Ni-hon (must be the slitty eyes) and started talking to us in Japanese - I only understood "kawaii ne... blah blah blah..."

The cell meeting itself was spiritually fruitful & I enjoyed the fellowship. The Cell Leader's two young daughters was wonderful helpers, taking turns to feed Anya, bringing her toys & playing with her. So all in all, it was a smooth trip. Although her bedtime was slightly later than usual, she showed only a wee bit of fussiness (pray it will stay this way!). Just a note for my own future reference: Just 'dabao' my dinner from FEP next time. Save my right arm from all that muscle ache!


No comments: