Saturday, October 30, 2010

Romancing the Husband!

It's been a while since The Husband and I had a proper date. When we do meet when Anya is at the in-laws place, it is always a rushed meal at a location determined by the nature of the errands that we need to run. And when we do, The Husband always let me choose the restaurant - his rationale being I don't get to eat out as often these days. In addition, I have been rather snappy at him lately. Yeah, me bad! Anyway, so I thought we deserve to do a proper dinner date where we get to eat good food unhurriedly AND simultaneously (can be a challenge when Anya is around!).

The Husband has a very Asian palate. Where possible, he prefers to stick to Chinese, Japanese, Thai or local fare. For a gastronomical indulgence, he usually opt for seafood - specifically crabs & lobsters. I knew exactly where to go. ;)



To keep him in suspense, I chose an outlet of the restaurant chain that we have never been to. Thankfully, it was very quiet ( in fact, we had the entire restaurant to ourselves till halfway through the meal!) and yet, the quality of food was not compromised. I ordered the set meal for 2, did a few customisations (no sharks' fins!) and boy were we stuffed! We had to have the desserts to be taken away!

Sorry they are all half-eaten. I kept forgetting to take pics!


Very satisfied & stuffed

It was no doubt an relaxed & enjoyable evening and we even took a stroll, hand in hand, down the Singapore river before calling it a night. Very romantic indeed! The Husband cheekily requested for me to snap at him more. In response, I gave him a fake smile and rolled my eyes. Heh!



2 comments:

Corsage@A Dollop Of Me said...

Such a lovely couple photo! We forgot to take a pic during our date. And that lobster! YUMS!

Anya & Arielle's mom said...

HAha.. Actually, i thought I look bigger being slightly in front of the husband. He too skinny lah! Oh well, you will have many opportunities ahead! How's your headache & throat?