Monday, October 25, 2010

The doctor said...

...that it is a viral infection. Phlegm, runny nose, cough & throat inflammation. Thankfully, there is no fever so far and she is holding up well, i.e. not cranky, still a happy baby. Though she hasn't slept well for the past two nights, at least it wasn't like the fever episode where she would wake up & keep crying inconsolably.

At this moment as I am typing away, she is happily drifting in her walker (the type that resembles a spaceship), squealing & charging at the poor furkid who had to keep moving her nap place for fear that she (The Furkid) might be run over. Haha! The clever dog just trot over to me, pawing my thigh to carry her onto my lap. Now she is peacefully snoring on my lap.

Back to Anya's viral infection. Given Anya's age, the doctor did not want to prescribe antibiotics & cough syrup. Instead, she is given a nose drop & another syrup to clear the phlegm. I reckon it will take a matter of weeks for her to recover. Meanwhile, The Husband & I are gritting our teeth (and trying hard not swallow anything) while sucking her phlegm/mucus using this nasal suction device. While nothing other than air goes into our mouth, still.... Very icky, i tell you! Perhaps, Mike Rowe may want to be our apprentice for a day or two as a feature on Dirty Jobs?

4 comments:

Mummy to A said...

the mucus won't be able to travel up to our mouths :) I have an identical kit and tried it twice on Ashley.
Hang in there, she will get better sooner than you think!

Anya & Arielle's mom said...

Still, I feel very icky! Will spit out the saliva in my mouth after that. Btw, what happened to ur blog?

Anya & Arielle's mom said...

Oooo..! Just clicked on ya profile, u changed it! Nice!

Mummy to A said...

yeap, decided to change the blog address and layout :) btw i saw a background template that suits you just fine! the whole background is littered with little paw prints. hehehe...