Saturday, October 23, 2010

Another impending visit to the doctor...

As i'm typing this, The Caterpillar is asleep right next to me. I was awaken by her coos via the baby monitor at 6-ish. The Husband was already up preparing to go out for his cell & confirmed that she is up. Since she is just talking to herself, I didn't get out of bed. "She may go back to sleep after a while," I thought. Ten minutes passed, The Husband has gone out, her coos are visibly louder. Hmmm... I decided to bring her over to our bed where I can try soothing her to sleep a while longer with me.

When she turned around to face me, a tiny alarm rang in my head. Is that mucus all over her nose & cheeks? Why are her eyes puffy? How come her breathing is so noisy? Recognition dawned on her face and she started beaming at me. Her morning smile. But instead, her smile froze midway and choked into a cough instead. I picked her up & carried her back to my room where I can observe abit more.

Yup. My above observations were all correct. She is having a runny AND stuffy nose, puffy eyes & coughing away. I fetched her sippy cup, gave her a drink of warm water. That seemed to make her more comfortable. Soon, her eyes started to droop. Yet, instead of closing her eyes & go to sleep, she stretched out her grubby hand to touch my face (I was lying next to her). It was in that position She fell asleep. Sigh.. My poor baby.

I dread what is to come. Pray that she will not be as uncomfortable as the last round of sickness. Already, she whined & whimpered a couple of times as she sleeps beside me. Oh Father, let Your presence fill us so that we may be strengthened & comforted. May Your protection & healing be over her.

No comments: