Thursday, October 13, 2011

Alter ego of The Furkid


Our furkid is the perfect lapdog. 

She is affectionate, sweet-tempered, endearing and adores us madly. Friends who come over are always surprised by how quiet our dog is. She hardly barks, growls only once in a blue moon when she hears unfamiliar sounds that startles her and never snarl at anyone before. She is hardy which makes us more at ease to know that her body can handle rough play with Anya. 

She welcomes anyone who walks through our door, and never fail to greet them with a toy in her mouth, her tail wagging so hard, it looks really as if she is shaking her butt. Whenever we come home, she always greets us with much enthusiasm and fanfare, following us around the house, shaking her bombom for at least the next good ten minutes.

 She is forever yearning for a pat on the head, or a tummy rub. And more than anything (with the exception of food, of course), she loves to climb onto our lap and sleep there when we are sitting on the couch watching TV or reading the papers.

As you can see, she really loves to be around humans. Even The Helper has grown to like her very much, because she is so affectionate, and so ugly-adorable (I know the last part is subjective). My mom thinks that she is just plain ugly, period. Yes, I was saying, after 3 months with us, The Helper has grown to adore The Furkid much too and we know the feelings are both ways, cos afterall, our dog is such an affectionate dog! Plus the fact that it is The Helper who feeds her breakfast most of the time these days which is a doubly bonus points for anyone who wanna garner adoration from our dog. 

So. Last night, The Husband, Anya and I came home past The Helper's bedtime to find her still awake (usually happens once a week when we attend cell group meeting). Imagine my surprise when I asked her why, she told me, "Oh Mdm, you know, every time you not home and I go to sleep first, Muffin  always comes to my bed and go 'grrrr..... grrrrrrr....!' at me." 

Gasp! Our furkid has a fierce angsty side that we never know exists! I wonder why she does that?

2 comments:

Stitch said...

Hi, you let Muff come out. When Anya is crawling around, aren't you afraid that she will lick her hands with some of Muff's fur on it?

I have dogs too, but I put them into a cage first as I am having a 3yr old, plus one toddler at 16months. I have reservations of letting my dogs come out as their fur drops easily.

Anya & Arielle's mom said...

Hi Stitch,

Yes, Muffin sheds a lot too. But I don't remember Anya licking her hands/fingers much.

We do observe strict hygiene practice with her where we wash her hands and face before/after meals and before bedtimes. Muff hardly goes out of the house, so she doesn't pick up dirt etc from outside. And we like to think that letting baby mix with dog from young actually strengthens their immune, bringing down possibility of future allergy.

But then again, you can also say we are quite lax when it comes to hygiene pertaining to dog vs child. :P