Friday, March 25, 2011

Update: Dog Woes

It is yet to be resolved. And apparently, according to my in-laws who live in the same block, there are a few of them although I always see only one dog.

Feeling blue because the suggestions given by Noah's Ark and ASD were unanimous. Seek help from dog catchers. Apparently they cost $250 per trip, and it is unlikely they will succeed since these strays are hiding in forested area. Morever, even they get caught, they will be handed over to SPCA where they will be put to sleep. SO, it seem like a win-lose siuation whichever way.

Also, the conversation with the guy manning ASD's hotline left a bad taste in my mouth. Upon hearing my predicament, he sorta laughed and said, "Put on earplugs and live with it. It is part of the landscape, nothing much you can do."

I counteracted by saying "It has happened for weeks. We have a baby who gets awaken by the barks too. And the dogs usually bark from 2am all the way to 5am."

His insensitive reply? "All the more you live with it. Babies cry in the middle of the night too what."

I hope he realized it wasn't funny and he was not making any sense. Anyway, it was after I reiterated that the problem has become very real, that we are dog lovers and dog owners ourselves, and we would not have seek help if not for the fact that our lives are very much disrupted that he suggested dog catchers. Even that, there was something in the tone of his voice that made me felt sick.

Twice in the past few years I was snubbed when I asked them for help. Both times, I did it out of love for the dogs, yet they seemed to treat me like a dog-hater. I almost feel like tearing apart the ASD calender beside me now. Grrrrr!

I think I am getting so worked up because of the lack of sleep. Sigh, praying hard that I can find a win-win solution. :(

No comments: