Monday, March 28, 2011

My 30th Birthday


Last Wednesday, I turned 30.It was a simple day spent with my dearest and most beloved family of four (if you include The Furkid).

The afternoon was spent at Botanic Gardens. It was a wish fulfilled as I always talked about bringing both Anya and Muff to a picnic, and we did it! Although there was a scare nearing the end of it when Muff was foaming at her mouth, likely due to over-heating as she got really excited to out in the park after such a long long while. We poured whatever leftover water we carried with us to cool her down before The Husband carried the poor dog all the way back to the restrooms where more water rained down onto her. Thankfully, she was okay by the time we got home though it was really scary to see her eyes turned glassy while foam kept oozing out of her mouth. 


Other than the little scare, the picnic went really well. We packed just the right amount of food, the weather held up, and we had a lot of fun feeding the fishes and birds. Dinner was a fuss-free and quiet affair at Ma Maison (The Central). I have long heard of nothing but nice things about them and was glad that they did not fail to live up to my expectations. The service was impeccable and yet cosy. They had an ongoing family promotion where the dad gets a beer, the mom gets a small dessert and the child gets a toy, all complimentary! Funny though, cos The Husband is not big on alcohol (thus changed the beer to OJ) while I wasn't big on vanilla ice-cream (so The Husband ate most of it while I gave Anya a few teeny weeny mouths of it). Still we thought it was a really good deal and it felt good to know that there are restaurants out there that still value and want to woo families with small children.


Oh, and may I also mention that I made a trip to the hair salon on Tuesday (the day before I turned 30) as a fulfillment of my rituals. Heh!

No comments: