Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Anya's First Words

"Daddy" and "Jiejie" (which mean "big sister" in mandarin)

These are two words that Anya can utter now and I cannot be sure which of them came first. Simply because I was not sure she was saying what she meant since I took a while to make sense of her pronunciation.

Not surprising, coming from me. I never understood what small children, toddlers and pre-tods are talking about. Many a times when I strike a conversation with one who is 3 years old or below, I find myself nodding my head and making safe "Uhhmmm" and "Ahhh" affirmatives just to smoke through. At the end of the conversation, I will move over to the parent near by and whisper "What did he/she just said to me?". Unfortunately, very soon, I have to be the one doing the translation for my own daughter and I have hardly acquired the skills.

Meanwhile, in the eyes of Anya, The Husband gets to be addressed as "Daddy / Dardi / Dadi", The Furkid gets to be addressed as "Jie jie / Kiekie" while I am "Eeeahhh!".

3 comments:

Corsage@A Dollop Of Me said...

Soon you'll be an expert - at least for your daughter's words :)

Anya & Arielle's mom said...

Oh yes, I sure hope so!

iivi said...

Eeaah!! (yeah!) ^^