Thursday, August 26, 2010

Before she goes to sleep...

It's official, The Caterpillar has learnt to sleep without my help. All I need to do to put her in her cot on her tummy, give her her dummy & a hankie to sniff, and she will soothe herself to sleep.

If she isn't sleepy yet, she will wiggle around, scream & squeal, practise her flipping and lifting her torso etc. When that happens, I will check on her every few minutes. Now, here is the catch: I've got to brace myself before entering her room because I may be about to find her in some awkward, contorted, funny or even self-endangering position.

Just this morning, I had to check on her countless times. At one point, prompted by her distress cry, i literally jumped out of my chair & sprinted into her room to find that she had apparently bumped her head against the side of the cot while trying to roll over. Another time, I entered the room just in time to see her bump her head yet again. Thankfully, on both occasions, they were just light knocks & she stopped crying the moment I picked her up.

Oh, and on another time, i went into the room to find this:


No comments: