Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thankful Tuesday (or rather, Thursday): Staying at home with the children

Is it Thursday already? Golly, the week is passing so quickly; I cannot keep up.

So, in contrast, my world has been much more brighter this week than the last. Last week, I felt like I was struggling. I was up to my neck coaxing the little one to drink her milk and comforting the tod as she got all stressy over potty-training. There was a lot of fretting and anxieties. The Husband and I prayed a lot - both on our own and with our children.

Right on, things are getting more promising. Anya has been going to the potty consistently to urinate in the past few days with no mistakes. While 'big business' still needs to be done in the diaper; well, at least it is done (with much lesser anxieties). As for Arielle, we managed to create a more conducive environment for her whenever it is time for milk. What I will do is I will usually discreetly retreat to my bedroom with Arielle (where there is no TV blaring away, no Anya shrieking / jumping around startling Arielle, no glaring lights) switch on the fan (and aircon if the weather is really hot). So far, it seems to be working.

I am really thankful that we made progress. This week, I am especially thankful that I am a SAHM. Seeing my little ones going through a rough patch, I am grateful that I get to be with them every step of the way.  That I get to spend enough time with them to know how to go about working out the kinks. That I am there to observe and watch (most of the times) instead of relying on a third-party caregiver to tell me how my children are doing today. That I get to be the first person to share the joy of most of their firsts.

Thank God for His provision so that our household can live sufficiently with one income. Thank God for His wisdom and strength which I could draw from as a mother. Thank God for placing me as the full-time mom that I am. 

In all honesty, sometimes I think being a SAHM has benefited me more than my children. 

What are you thankful for this week?



No comments: