Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dryness

This blog has been in hibernation in the past weeks. A result of my being physically drained and spiritually dried out.

A whirlwind of activities and chores over the span of last two weeks has taken a toll on me. I was stressed out, sleep-deprived and aimless. I lost sight of the focal point of my life and instead, allowed myself to be lost in the nits and grits of daily affairs and preparation of the next event on the calendar. Quiet times and partial sleep times all gave way to tasks and chores.

When the first day of CNY came and went, I found myself not enjoying it as much as I had anticipated to (since it was the first CNY for Anya), as I was clouded by dizzy spells and fatigue. On hindsight, the heap that I put on my plate was too much for me to take. It is a lesson learned the hard way. The Husband had to shuttle between work and aiding me, Anya suffered a big boo-boo in Phuket, while I became a fretful & emo wreck. My suspicion that I was overly consumed by the nits and grits of daily was divinely confirmed as I was led to 1 Corinthians 7:31, "those who use the things of the world, as if not engrossed in them. For this world in its present form is passing away", the moment I sat down for quiet time. 

Presently, I am well-rested and sane once again. Mental recovery was almost overnight while two restful nights was all it took for me to regain my physical state. I knew recovery would not have been so fast had I not seek God. Praise the Lord! Now, back to settling Anya back to daily routine!

No comments: