Saturday, September 4, 2010

A jumble of thoughts

Presently, a whirlwind of thoughts are running through my head - a result of reading up Gary Ezzo's Babyhood Transition. This is part of my preparation for starting Anya on solids & what behavorial training that may come with this new phase.

Information overload? No. Not really. I am digesting the information, sorting them out, deciding what suggestions from the book to adopt and summoning the courage to face what is to come. Heh. "Summoning courage" may seem too strong a phrase to use here, but I reckon it is true to a certain degree, given my experience for the past 5 months. Courage is needed to be confident, and Anya needs us (her Mom & Dad) to be confident in order to feel assured & secured.

As a first-time parent, I prefer to know in advance what to expect (though parents out there will agree wtih me that no matter how prepared they can be, their child(ren) can still surprise them along the way!), prepare my heart by praying for wisdom & guidance, and to come up with a plan as to how to deal with what is to come.

Having a plan is of significant importance, i feel, as I have learned from various sources that children, even babies & toddlers, need consistency! Plus, it is always easier (for both parents & the child) to train than to retrain! And how else to achieve consistency & to avoid minimize retraining if there is no plan in place right from the start?

Anyway, just wanna get this off my chest as the process of digesting all the information & devising a plan can get quite heavy-hearted.

No comments: